Friday, June 12, 2009

How Can Integrity Protect Your Reputation?

Reputation is everything. Surprisingly, an eggshell can instruct us how to protect our reputation. Really? Yes it can.

Chickens are everyday livestock in the farmstead. The Farmer placed the hencoop in the backyard of his house. There got seven hens producing eggs. At one exact afternoon, The Farmer surveyed me to take an egg from what i read in its nest. And when I returned back to him with the egg in my hand, I found him having a sharp needle.

“Please assure that thou can remember presently egg!” said The Farmer as great as taking that chicken's egg from my hand. And lifted it quite high till it position as high as my eyes.

“What am able to you do?” I enquired.

“Watch this,”

Then he jabbed of the egg provided the needle. Slow and tender. I understood that he did not wish that eggshell to be wiped out or broke hence.

“Why are you doing that?” I insisted on.

“Thou might understand. Just be patience and wait,” The Farmer said.

Afterwards, The Farmer returned the egg coming back to me. I checked it precisely on the place where the small needle jabbed. Nothing I discovered but a very small dot of the superior needle on the surface of the eggshell.

“Make sure thou can remember this egg!” The Farmer repeated his word.
“I don't think so,“ my word. ”For me, all the chicken eggs easily seen to be the same.”

“Just wait. And thou will understand….” He reciprocated, “Now return the egg back to the den. ” I can do nothing but listened to and obeyed his word.

In the next three days, The Farmer preceded and asked me to take the egg back to him. “That is impossible, Sir, “ I evaded. “For me, all the eggs are seen to be the same. What if I take a wrong egg?”

”Just try!” he said. He forced me to do it anyway. So that I did not have any choice but went to the nest.

When a few moment later I returned going back with an egg on my right hand, whereas my left hand closed my nose, The Farmer enquired: ”What an easy task, isn't it?”

“I do not know, whether this is the right egg,” I replied.

“Surely the egg, Son”

“How can you be so confident?”

“Because, the current is the egg we jabbed its shell three days ago,”

Do you know, why the egg with a damage shell will be able to straight off become a rotten egg and reek? You are correct. Because, the eggshell function is to protect the entire substance inside it. The Farmer told me so the eggshell is similar to what we call as integrity. It has equal function with ‘your integrity', which is taking care of your reputation.

In modern business life of urban, you will only become a good executive and keep to be good, if you are able to take care of your integrity. Because, once you smirch your integrity, sooner or later people around you will smell it. Your reputation will be damaged, then. Through that egg, The Farmer taught me that our integrity guards our reputation as the eggshell performs to the egg substance. The substance inside the egg is a symbol referring to your reputation.

Once you hurt your own integrity no measure how mild or severe it is, then it would be damaged. And it shall no longer protect your reputation. And similar to the egg we mentioned, yet your reputation not to be guaranteed by the shell of your integrity, sooner or later, you would become like such decaying egg. Stain. And Smell. And finally are required to be put aside from your community. And lose all the options you should get. And then everything turns in to nothing.

It is no wonder if you oftentimes found a truly bright person who is surprisingly lost his career by one wrong step. So that his integrity shell is broken, then destroy all the means he has built for decades in his run life. In real life, you possibly have met someone who was actually bright. And taken out really extreme technical ability in his work place. But, this person has never kept on promoted for any important position only while his unfavorable integrity. No matter how good you are, with such bad integrity, you will not yield a ‘delicious omelet'. And only amidst a great integrity, you can enjoy its delicacy you wish in business or career, as well as in your personal life. There is merely one way for you to assure this your reputation remains to be protected, which is to ensure that your integrity shell remains to be intact in place. Do not let it damage a great deal for a very small wound. Though very skinny, the eggshell is a very important element to ascertain the egg entirety remains to be good.

That applies additionally to your integrity shell. It gets a very important construction block to take care off and ascertain your reputation to stay to be good too. Either in your colleague's eyes. Your superior's eyes. Your customer's eyes. And the preceding but not least, in the eyes of your own. Why? Because the first one to knew whether you have a terrific integrity or not is: you.

You, yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you want fresh eggs from Cebu City. Prices of the eggs are based on its size. Eggs are freshly gathered daily from a poultry farm here in Cebu. Contact : Virgilio Vallecera Feel free to message me at versvall2008@yahoo.com or 6332 2548618 for more details and info. Available at wholesale and retail.